Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 450g asparagus
- 200g bacon, thinly sliced into 20 pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 scallion, sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest, finely ground
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash asparagus, pat dry and trim the wooden parts.
- In a small bowl combine the 2 tablespoons olive oil, hot sauce, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Wrap the asparagus with bacon. Brush the asparagus with the prepared mix.
- When the grill reaches 200C place the asparagus on a grill. Place the asparagus on a preheated grill and grill for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for 1-2 minutes more. You can brush with olive oil mix while grilling.
- Slice the scallions and place in a bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil. Season to taste and toss to combine.
- Serve asparagus in a large plate. Scatter around seasoned scallions and serve.
- Calories 130
- Total Fat 9.8g
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Protein 8.4g