Chicken Croquette Salad
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes + inactive time
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
Servings: 4, 12 croquettes in total, 3 croquettes per serving
- 300g cooked and shredded chicken thighs* (or use chicken leftovers)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 2 medium eggs
- ½ cup almond flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium soft boiled egg
- 1 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 100g spinach
- 1 small head lettuce
*Cook the chicken thighs 12-15 minutes in a saucepan with the chicken stock. This way chicken will be rich in flavor. Cool and shred until you have 1 ½ cups.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken meat, coconut oil, almond butter, garlic, parsley, and cream cheese. Season to taste.
- Cover the mixture with a plastic foil and refrigerate until firm.
- Once the mixture is firm, shape it into 12 balls.
- Heat 2-inches oil in a skillet.
- Place almond flour into a shallow dish. Beat egg into a separate shallow dish.
- Dip the balls into egg and roll through the almond flour.
- Fry the croquette in the heated oil, 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer the croquettes to a paper-lined
- Make the dressing; combine soft-boiled egg, mustard and lemon juice in a food blender until smooth. Set the blender to a low speed and stream in in olive oil. Blend until emulsified (like the mayonnaise). Stir in the parmesan and chill 10 minutes in a fridge.
- To serve; combine spinach and lettuce leaves in a large bowl. Add croquettes and top with a prepared dressing.
- Serve salad and three croquettes per portion. Enjoy.
- Calories 405
- Total Fat 28.5g
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5g
- Protein 29.4g